Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stopped Heart

Tonight as I was puttering around in the RV and Mike was stealing car washes for the cars one by one, he decided to take Blitzen to do my car. Smush was a bit put off by that. She watched me put stuff in cupboards. About 15 minutes later they came back from the car wash. Blitzen was out and Smush was going in car #2. I told Mike to take them both, but Blitzen didn't want to get in the car. Strange. Suddenly, he went behind the baby palm tree and barfed. We figured he was car sick or automatic car wash sick. He laid down in the grass looking not well. Mike and Smuah drove off and I held his collar just in case. Well, it took about 4-5 seconds for it to click in his brain that they left and he was left behind. They were about 3 blocks away and around the corner and he took off going full speed in the dark. I was screaming like a freak telling him to come. He was gone. Suddenly major panic set in. He's not real logical and is very anxious so I knew he wasn't going to stay on the sidewalks and push the walk buttons at the corners. I ran in the house yelling at Sierra to find my purse so I could go get him. Hopefully that wouldn't mean finding him dead on the main road :( I called Mike then and he said he was already down Pechanga Parkway. I was hyperventilating and almost crying. Sierra handed me my purse and just then I saw her look out in the street. She saw him heading back in the dark. I have no idea how far he went, but he was hauling ass probably 20+ mph and was gone probably 5-7 minutes. I'm still trying to calm down. Mike got back with his car and put Smushy in the RV with me and Blitzen. He took the truck next but said no dogs this time (Kent is breathing a sigh of relief from Heaven, I'm sure). Look at what these two are doing right now while I try to lower my heart rate:



Oh God, please let this not be a stressful vacation.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment