Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let me introduce you

This is my dog, Kobe. He is a dog we found wandering in the cold over 5 years ago. He was so mean that if we had called animal control he would have certainly been euthanized. We had never had a dog before, so we decided to just become a dog family. Our 5 year old wrote on a piece of paper with crayon "I (heart) my dog" and taped it on the boat right above the mattress where he slept. I had to keep him after that. Kobe is old---vet guesses 12+. We are sad that his time is almost up, but he is our boy and we love him so much.




Next is our dog Smush. She was named after a LA Lakers basketball player. Get it? Kobe and Smush? Well, it fits her after 4 years. We got her in February 2006 at a dog adoption event in Temecula. I was looking for an older dog for Kobe to have as a friend, but she caught Mike's eye and heart and we ended up with a 5 month old puppy. She's almost 100 lbs of pure love. She has been a great companion and walking buddy. She needs no leash on walks as she doesn't leave my side. She's very sweet and emotional. Smush has had about $2,000 of dog training and is a certified therapy dog. Her favorite thing to do is go for rides in the car and RV. She has had the best life a dog could have.





Finally, our newest family member is Blitzen. Blitzen was a Christmas gift for my now 10 year old who has had a 3 year fascination with German Shepherds. Turns out he was also a gift for us as well because we all already love him.
We adopted Blitzen from Coastal GS rescue. They were so knowledgeable and helped steer us to the right dog. Sierra knew immediately that this smelly, matted, super bony dog was THE one. I was surprised, because he was not what I thought she was looking for. He is long hair and looks kind of like a bear. It has been 9 days today and he adjusted very quickly. We have just given him lots of love, food, doggy beds, and 2 baths. I'm so glad she picked him.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment